Where is God ?


Since I have come back from India, it has been a tough journey for me. To stay with your spouse for two and half months and then to come back alone to a cold reality was very rough for me. It’s been a roller coaster ride since then. We were expecting to be with each other soon, but our journey took some unexpected turns which could have taken him longer to get here. I was very upset and frustrated with everything that was happening. Since we didn't expect this to happen we had already booked the ticket for him to come here. All these things made me more upset and honestly speaking, I tried everything else but talking to God.

Finally, at the end of the day like a defeated soldier I came to God’s presence, literally having no words to speak. I was just crying and pouring out my heart in His presence. Then, God inspired me to read about the story of Gideon (Judges 6&7). The moment I started reading the story of Gideon the Spirit of God started ministering to me. The story of Gideon starts off with an angel of the Lord appearing to him and said to him “The Lord God is with you, mighty warrior” (vs. 12). Gideon honestly responded, “If the Lord is with us, why has all these things happened to us? Where are all the wonders that our fathers told us about when they said, ‘Did not the Lord bring us up out of Egypt? But now the Lord has abandoned us and put us into the hand of Midian"

We can relate to Gideon’s response when we don’t see things working out the way we hoped for or no matter how much we work hard and put all our energy at the end of the day we don’t see any results. We see the Midianites destroying all our hard work and like Gideon we ask God, if You are with me then why am I going through this? I have heard this a countless number of times in my Christian walk that don’t you dare question God. There are also some who will say to you should have enough faith to know that God will work everything out for you. I know that He will turn everything out for good but sometimes you just don't feel that way. As a child of God, instead of hiding my true feelings I should be real with him because He knows how exactly I feel.

With that said I also agree that we should never question His goodness or His power or His will. But sometimes we often forget that not everyone has same level of faith. I have asked God many questions in my life and like Gideon I have also said, God if you are with me why am I going through this? And in the story of Gideon, You don’t see God rebuking Gideon for having those questions or doubts? He just genuinely wanted to know if God was with him. So next time, if someone is going through a crisis instead of slapping a scripture on their face. Or tell them have more faith. Try to understand what they are going through and pray for them. Even if you don’t have any of the answers just be there for someone.

So like me, if you are having a bad day, bad week or even a bad month so far know that there is a God who knows exactly what you are going through and He is waiting for you to come to Him so that he can tell you that He is with you and He will come through for you in His time. And just like God came through for Gideon, everything for us was taken care of within days. My husband will be coming just as planned. So sometimes delay or hindrance that God allows in our life might seem like it will destroy our faith but rather He allows these things to build our faith. So don't be discouraged looking at your present circumstances BUT be encouraged by knowing who is with you.

Popular posts from this blog

Do you pray about it, as much as you talk about it?

Sometimes my plan fail, but God always gives me better options.