Who Do I Look To?


          We all have annoying habits. An annoying habit of yours could be you chew with your mouth open, or you bite your nails. But having an annoying habit is different than having a sinful habit. An annoying habit can be overlooked, but a sinful habit can eventually hurt everything about you.

     Lets get personal. Something that I have been dealing with recently is disappointment. A lot of it actually. It seems everywhere I look someone or something is hurting every area in my life. I could say that I am getting better in dealing with this discouragement, but in reality I find myself growing in resentment towards people. At one point I told God "hey, why should I be loving if no one cares about me anyway?". So on and so forth, frustration became my sinful habit.

     One night I decided to look to God and divulge all my frustration to Him. All of a sudden I had an urge to watch an online sermon by a preacher I had never listened to before. That is very unlike me, considering I usually listen to singers/preachers I have a habit of listening to. I clicked on a video, and little did I know how much God was going to teacher me. A touching line that the preacher said was how sometimes we ask for God to help us be loving, but we aren't expectant of what God might take us through in order to really learn and act on love.

     That is what I was going through. For months I had been praying for God to teach me how to love, and in all of my circumstances God was answering my prayer. He was telling me that it is easy to love those who love and are nice to you, but it is difficult when the people you really feel have your back disappoint you. None of us are perfect, and we all make mistakes, but when you feel like you cannot be like Jesus and love or forgive that is when Christ says to lean on Him. Stop acting like you have it all together. This is where the famous verse 2 Corinthians 12:9 comes in. God says "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 

     If we don't look to Jesus, our sinful habits of being angry towards people or whatever yours may be can effect our spiritual lives, families, and all that God had planned for us. Whatever the devil is trying to get into your head and heart can only take place if you let it. Look to God. In all of the disappointment, frustration, sadness, etc., HE ALONE will truly be able to deliver you and help you grow out of it. He has a plan for you in the future and in what you're going through, He just needs you to look to Him. God will be your rock, your fortress, and your ever present help in trouble if you just look to Him.


Popular posts from this blog

Do you pray about it, as much as you talk about it?

Sometimes my plan fail, but God always gives me better options.

The Breastplate, The Anointing.