Return, O my Soul, To Your Rest.

Psalm 116: 1-7 (NIV)

I love the Lord, for he heard my voice;

  he heard my cry for mercy.
 
Because he turned his ear to me,

    I will call on him as long as I live.
The cords of death entangled me,
the anguish of the grave came over me;

   
 I was overcome by distress and sorrow.
 
Then I called on the name of the Lord:
    Lord, save me!
The Lord is gracious and righteous;
 our God is full of compassion



The Lord protects the unwary;
when I was brought low, he saved me.



Return to your rest, my soul,    for the Lord has been good to you.

     This is a Psalm that God has continuously been reminding me of for the last two weeks. Before He brought me to it, I was stressed out with many things. Stressed out because I knew my spiritual life needed to get better, stressed about how my grades had to get better, and stressed out about my future. 
     And that is when God took me to this portion.
     The psalmist here is praising God for His goodness and faithfulness. He says "He heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live". The psalmist is also saying that even WHEN the cords of death entangled him, he called on the name of the Lord and was saved. 
     The cords of death can be anything for us: fear, anxiety, sadness, struggle, etc. We might ask God before we see struggle/issues of this life come, "Lord! Save me!" and yet they still come. People of God, even though it seems like He is not present in our situation, He very much is. God is compassionate and gracious towards us in and through our struggle so that He can teach us about Him, even if it may seem scary at first. He lets us meet roadblocks so we can still declare that we will "call on him as long as I live". When you call on Him in trust in the middle of your storm God, in his faithfulness, will grant you the deliverance to testify the words  "when I was low, he saved me". 

     So whatever you are going through this week- Call on him! When The Enemy tells you The Lord does not hear you, say out-loud this portion of the Psalm. Your deliverance will come, and your rest will returned to your soul! 

Popular posts from this blog

Do you pray about it, as much as you talk about it?

Sometimes my plan fail, but God always gives me better options.