Paths That Are Straight

     Every person has their own responsibilities that have to be done. Whether it be paying the bills, grades, work, or all of those three combined, they all require our hard work and attention. There is nothing wrong with that! What is wrong with that on the other hand is how much of ourselves we give to doing these things. How about this, lets just take a moment to examine ourselves:

   - How much time do you spend alone with God?

   - How much time do you spend taking care of your responsibilities?  

     Now that you've thought about such things, do you have a clear answer? I know I sure do, and its not pretty. I find myself spending more time doing what I have to do in order to reap what is on this earth more than I spend time doing what I should do in order to reap a harvest in the Kingdom. Like I said before, taking care of your responsibilities and working hard is not bad at all. Colossians 3:23 says 'Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men'. So God is please when we work hard! But it is when we make such things an idol in our life that does not please God. A verse that God took me to when I was stressing out about school was Ecclesiastes 1:13-24: "I devoted myself to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under heaven. What a heavy burden God has laid on men! I have seen all things that done under sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind". When I read this verse, God reminded me of the mistake I had been making: I didn't make him first in my life and seek his guidance. He let me know that without him a part of my life and the things I have to take care of, everything was literally MEANINGLESS.

     Now I have another set of questions for you to use to examine yourself:

        -How much time do you spend worrying?

        -How much time do you spend trusting in God?

     I will leave the outcome up to you. Whatever you are striving for and toiling at with all your heart, you don't need to do it alone. God is waiting for you to give him all your burdens and finally trust in him.Seek first his kingdom, and all these things will be given to you! (Matthew 6:33). Proverbs 3:5-6 says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight". This verse is a legendary verse that we here all the time, but let us not forget how powerful it is. You may be working so hard in your job/school and you may fail, but God is saying look to Him! Acknowledge that you can only do great things through him alone! When you trust in him and seek his face, he will make straight the path that you are on.When you focus on God, you will soon realize how little you should worry and the great peace there is in trusting him for your life. He will not fail you! His ways are nothing like our ways, and the word that comes out of his mouth cannot be altered by any force on this earth. Just surrender yourself and all the strings attached down- He will direct you!


This song attached goes along with this post, I  hope it is a blessing to your day!









Popular posts from this blog

Do you pray about it, as much as you talk about it?

Sometimes my plan fail, but God always gives me better options.