Lock and Key


Isaiah 30:21
"And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left". 

     Sometimes, the weight of confusion, doubt, and worry can be so overbearing. I have always had the struggle of worrying too much. It would be one word that I said, or one mistake that I did that would make me come up with fifty different possible scenarios that could happen as a result. This only got worse when I started college. There were a lot more opportunities that were open to me, and it was up to me if I wanted to take them or not. As a child of God, I wanted to do what God wanted me to do. Sometimes surrendering your own plans and dreams for yourself may be difficult, but what God has in store for you if you just let it all go to Him is all the more worth it and perfectly thought out and created for you.
 
  I guess you can say I felt like Peter when God called him out of the boat and onto the water. I mean, it wasn't like he was swimming to Jesus. He had to trust that when Jesus said "Come", He would be right there by his side as long as he remembered what his end goal was: to meet Jesus. I don't know about you, but sometimes I read the story of Peter losing focus as he walked on water to Jesus and can't help think, "Peter, Jesus was right there. You saw Him, He saw you. How was it so difficult?". But thats just it! People of God, Jesus Christ is by your side. He gave you the strength to wake up this morning, He gave you the grace to go to your workplace and to class today, and He is constantly revealing Himself to you whether you notice it or not. He sees you right now just like he saw Peter as soon as he stepped on the water. When you know the promises of God over your life and that you are His beloved, TRUST that He sees your concerns and knows just how to show His glory in them.
   
Sometimes we value human words a little too much- I mean, I know I definitely do. And even being a young person who is still working on developing who you are as an individual, hearing discouraging words like "You probably won't be accepted into this college", or "You're just not cut out for this position" truly feels like the person who says these words have the power and probably know what they are talking about... right?

Well let me ask you this question. 

Whose hands hold YOUR life and future?
   
     Jesus. Who has the final word? Jesus. Who gave His life for you so that you would live a newly created being? Jesus. Who holds the power, your prayers, your worries, your future, and every thought of yours? Jesus. He has your future under lock and key, and His saving you was not in vain. Not that you are His child, He has a plan and a promise for you that will not only impact your life, but will impact every person you meet. He will not let ANY person's words, thoughts, or hopes get in the way of your sealed by the blood future. Every time you hear a person tear your down, in your heart proclaim "Jesus loves me". When you hear the words "You can't do it!", remember that Jesus told Peter "Take heart! Do not be afraid". When you do not understand your very next move, remember that the hand the reaches out and says "Come" is the very same person that said you are HIS. Whatever it is you are worrying about, that you feel like is not able to be moved, remember that the stone was rolled away! There is power in trusting in the name of Jesus through your situation. Let's not limit God and put Him in a box, our God doesn't run on a schedule or even limits Himself to statistics. If He could defy all odds on the cross, he can very much defy all odds in your situation. Speak to him, trust in Him, and listen for His voice. Right when its time, He will push you out of that boat and onto the water that you were called before birth to walk on. Lock your eyes onto His, and no other man's.  

Popular posts from this blog

Do you pray about it, as much as you talk about it?

Sometimes my plan fail, but God always gives me better options.

The Breastplate, The Anointing.