A Life-Changing Room!

     There was a summer when I really sensed God telling me to pray more. Yes, I knew I should pray often to grow further in my walk with Christ, but this call was different. I felt God was telling me that if I earnestly sought Him, even if it was difficult to crack my Bible open for more than five minutes, He would change me and instill a passion in me for Him. A prophet didn't have to tell me this. God's voice was so clear . You might be wondering "how do you know when God is telling you something?", but let me tell you, if God wants you to know something, He'll make it LOUD and CLEAR to you. 
      In response to this call, I started to pray more and more. I found myself talking to Jesus for hours, just as if I were talking to my best friend. I didn't realize how much I would change in doing this. God changed my attitude, my grades [IMMENSELY], and I started feeling peace in my heart. I give all the glory to Jesus for opening doors that not even I thought were possible. It was as if all the prayers I prayed were getting filled into a room that God had labeled for me. The more prayers I prayed, the more prayers entered into this room in Heaven. I like to believe God would be in this room constantly, working on all my prayers. It was just a matter of time before I saw God's work unfold before my own eyes.

     Recently, I have seen my 'Prayer Room' emptying. Of  course there are the in-between prayers of mine. The ones I pray throughout the day, which are still dear to my heart. But the prayers when I'm alone have not entered the Prayer Room in Heaven. Why is that?



Because I'm lacking in prayer. 

     I did not realize how much a lack of prayer effected me until that's what I did. I saw me be so quick to lose my temper. So bitter towards responsibility, and only caring about my needs. I also saw myself worrying about much, yet praying about little. One of my friends even told me "If you have time to worry, you have time to pray". Even then, I chose not to pray but instead sleep away my problems. Is that not what we do? If sleeping isn't what you do then it could be watching movies, or binge-eating. Anything to take your mind off of the troubles of life, right? 

      But I tell you, unless you run to God about your problems, you will not have any peace. I can honestly say it was when I spent time with God in prayer and in pouring my heart out with repentance and prayer that I truly felt peace. I felt God tell me "Ok. You talked with Me. See what happens when you meet with Me? You get me involved, and you receive my comfort". 

     My friend, that is what we all need to do. Of course we fall, we get our bumps and bruises and we don't want to bring them to God because we are afraid of taking responsibility and even are too prideful. But God cares about us. He does not want us to feel worried or frustrated so much. He wants us feel peace, and remember that when we bring our thoughts, or frustration, our hurt, our mistakes, our guilt to him, He can make beauty of those ashes. The same God that rose the beautiful Jesus from the grave that looked lifeless, will again make something beautiful out of your impossible. Let your prayers fill the Prayer Room of yours in Heaven, and He will enter that room and show you His masterpiece before your eyes.   

 John 3:17- For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. 

Popular posts from this blog

Do you pray about it, as much as you talk about it?

Sometimes my plan fail, but God always gives me better options.