The Love that transforms

So recently I have been listening to an old Malayalam song, “Rakshidavine kanka Paapi”. For past few days every time I hear this song it has drawn me nearer to the cross, so before my prayer time I listen to this song and I meditate on the cross and the one who took that cross gladly for me. 

Greater love has no one than this that someone lay down his life for his friends" 
John:15:3

Couple weeks ago, we celebrated Valentines day with our loved ones. Society has commercialized it so much that it now puts pressure especially on men to make their woman feel loved, pampered etc., and social media plays a huge role in this which makes the single person insecure of not being in relationship, I have been there done that. I was never a fan of Valentine’s Day for the apparent reason and still I am not because I don’t need a day to know that I am loved or that I am special. My husband does a good job of making me feel special every day. On top of that, I know there is someone in this world who loves me so much that He laid down His life for me. No one can compare to the depth of His love. 

I want you to imagine this with me if you can, assume that you are going to get married to someone who you truly love and somehow you get to see into the future and you see that they hurt you, betray your trust, and squander your love. Would you still marry that person whom you truly love?? I don’t think so. I don’t think I have met a human being who is willing to take that kind of risk, but I can point you to someone who did that for me. His name is Jesus. In his foreknowledge,  He knew  that one day, I would betray His love,  that I would choose sin over Him, I would ignore Him,  would worship other idols, and  would rather spend more time with His creation than Him. Still, He thought of me and died for me. 

When I think about the depth of His love there is no way I can look at myself as an ordinary girl. His love towards me makes feel precious and of worth to Him, so much so that He died for me so that I can be with Him forever. When I think about His love it makes me humble that the creator of this entire universe thinks of me. He chose to die for me without expecting anything back from me. I don’t think I can ever comprehend the intensity of His love towards me. I think sometimes it is hard for humans to comprehend and accept His love for us because everyone we know have a limit to love, but His love for us is limitless.

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord”
Romans 8: 38; 39 

Many times we fail in our Christian walk because we don’t know how much He loves and we are not secure in His love. So, we look for love and security in relationships, money, power and everything else other than God. And that is the reason why Jesus says,
"The first commandment is 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'"
Luke:10:27

Once we know and taste His love for us we will involuntarily reciprocate it. You would long to be in His presence and read His word to learn more about Him and be more like Him. Once you truly love God, then your love for the people around you will automatically grow. Do you want to fall in love with Him?  Take time and just gaze at Him on the cross, and each time you do, you will learn that He loves you more than you ever imagined!

Popular posts from this blog

Do you pray about it, as much as you talk about it?

Sometimes my plan fail, but God always gives me better options.